NowThis is looking for a Graphics Coordinator based in NY for a daily live morning news show. Working with the #1 video news brand on the social web, you’ll play an integral role in the daily production of a live news program. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with graphics for a live news program. This role will report to the Senior Producer.
- Work directly with production staff and designers on graphic needs of the show
- Work with templates and create graphics on the fly during live production
- Organize, backup and distribute graphic assets as needed
- Copy-edit all type that goes on air, including lower thirds and social posts
- Act as a liaison between producers and artists for internal graphics
- Perform quality control on graphics and animations
- Multitask various ongoing projects at once
- Minimum of 1 year working in deadline driven, broadcast environment
- Strong grammar and communication skills
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or other Adobe Applications is a plus.
- Basic understanding of video codecs and specs
- Ability to work nights and weekends
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.