BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
The BuzzFeed Design team needs a hard-working Junior Graphic Designer for a full-time paid position, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone with a passion for design, social media commerce, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Observe current design trends on social media and across the web
- Work closely with social and affiliate marketing teams to create timely and engaging graphics, illustrations, and short-form videos
- Assist branded commerce leads with Go-To-Market materials, and strategic pitches
- Meet monthly quotas and help define conversion benchmarks
- Work with social leads and leads across the content organization to identify affiliate opportunities
- Immerse yourself in the world of commerce to identify exciting new content opportunities
- Assist the editorial and branded design teams with the creation of headers, infographics, illustrations, animations, typography treatments and more
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms (FB, IG, Twitter, TikTok)
- An interest in design and advertising through the lens of online shopping and affiliate marketing
- Interest and/or background in working with products and review content
- A passion for experimentation, innovation and ideating on your successes
- A degree or course of study in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects (Animation experience a major plus)
- An ability to work under tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects at once, and adapt when asked to pivot
- Good communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- Must include a link to a portfolio site of your recent work, no PDFs or dropbox links please
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.