Our mission is to help individuals and organizations thrive by eliminating every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is the leading comprehensive mental health benefit for employers. We help employees understand their mental health issues and connect with best-in-class providers to get the right treatment at the right time.
From early detection to full recovery, Spring Health is the only clinically validated solution in the market proven to be more effective than traditional mental healthcare. By combining the latest technology with vetted providers, we help engage 1 in 3 employees, reduce recovery times, and lower healthcare costs. We are an award-winning, passionate, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in psychiatry. We have raised over $300 million to date from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
Spring Health is looking for a Senior Product Designer to be the founding designer of our Design Systems team. You will partner with the product and brand teams to form an inclusive design system that makes it easier for anybody to get mental health care quickly. You will contribute to the look, feel, and interaction of our entire collection of products, defining the foundations and components used across Member Experience, Growth, Mobile, and Caregivers Experience on Web, iOS, and Android. Importantly, you will establish the standard of modern mental health care, pushing competitors in our space to do better, ultimately making every mental health care experience better. As the first Design Systems designer, you’ll be a leader with autonomy responsible for solving design and organizational complexity elegantly.
What you’ll be doing:
- Discover: Work with leads to understand problems and opportunities to establish a design system vision and strategy. Support ongoing systems-driven research initiatives.
- Define: Create systems, patterns, and components in Figma that enable product designers and front-end engineers to remain focused and move quickly. Embed on special projects to help other teams think systematically.
- Improve: Uplevel the aesthetic, interaction, and usability of our products across multiple platforms like Web, iOS, and Android through rigorous QA, refinement, and polish. Triage incoming asks from cross-functional teams.
- Distribute: Partner with design, engineering, product, brand, and more, to roll out principles, guidelines, and patterns. Translate design systems into technical or non-technical language. Create measurable improvement across Spring’s organization.
- Document: Help everyone at the organization leverage Spring’s design system through high quality documentation, guidance, and education. Establish documentation best practices.
- Advocate: Be a design ambassador. Communicate the value of design and connect dots across products, services, and orgs.
What we expect from you:
- 6 – 8 years of experience as a product designer or design systems designer at a digital product company contributing to or leading the design of product experiences. At least 2 years of design systems experience required.
- Excellent visual designer across multiple platforms, i.e. Web, iOS, Android, etc. Multiple examples of your ability to design best in class user interfaces.
- Genuine interest in building accessible and inclusive products. Understanding of latest accessibility and usability standards.
- A passion for systems, patterns, and consistency. An affinity for documentation, tracking, and asynchronous communication
- Enjoy collaborating and communicating cross-functionally to solve organization-wide problems. Just as excited to work with the product team as you are the brand team.
- Expertise with Figma. Familiarity with Illustrator, Principle, and After Effects.
- An understanding of how your designs will be implemented. Experience writing basic front-end code (HTML/CSS). Rudimentary understanding of modern engineering frameworks, React, Flutter, Objective C, Swift.
- Experience managing or mentoring newer product designers.
- A portfolio of strong interaction design, design systems, and product design work.
What we’d love to see (Bonus):
- Experience working at companies known for their design.
- Experience setting type and creating assets such as icons and illustrations.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (Principle, Invision, Framer, After Effects).
- Experience working with distributed teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience working in healthcare.
Benefits of working at Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
Access to Spring Health’s platform which includes (10) free therapy sessions
Unlimited time off in addition to (12) paid holidays
16-18 weeks paid parental leave
$500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
Flexible remote and hybrid work style arrangements
Calm Fridays to encourage meeting & distraction free days
Donation matching to support your favorite causes
Employee resource groups
Supporting you financially through:
Competitive mix of salary and stock options
Employer sponsored 401(k) match
In addition to finding people who are truly excellent at what they do, we take our values at Spring Health seriously:
Members Come First We are genuine member advocates.
Move Fast to Change Lives We build with urgency and intention.
Take Ownership We extend trust and hold ourselves accountable.
Embrace Diverse Teams & Perspectives We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
Science Will Win We will achieve impact by innovation and evidence based frameworks.
Candor with Care We are open, honest and empathetic.
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.