What you’ll be doing:
- Discover: Work with leads to understand problems and opportunities to establish a design system vision and strategy. Support ongoing systems-driven research initiatives.
- Define: Create systems, patterns, and components in Figma that enable product designers and front-end engineers to remain focused and move quickly. Embed on special projects to help other teams think systematically.
- Improve: Uplevel the aesthetic, interaction, and usability of our products across multiple platforms like Web, iOS, and Android through rigorous QA, refinement, and polish. Triage incoming asks from cross-functional teams.
- Distribute: Partner with design, engineering, product, brand, and more, to roll out principles, guidelines, and patterns. Translate design systems into technical or non-technical language. Create measurable improvement across Spring’s organization.
- Document: Help everyone at the organization leverage Spring’s design system through high quality documentation, guidance, and education. Establish documentation best practices.
- Advocate: Be a design ambassador. Communicate the value of design and connect dots across products, services, and orgs.
What we expect from you:
- 6 – 8 years of experience as a product designer or design systems designer at a digital product company contributing to or leading the design of product experiences. At least 2 years of design systems experience required.
- Excellent visual designer across multiple platforms, i.e. Web, iOS, Android, etc. Multiple examples of your ability to design best in class user interfaces.
- Genuine interest in building accessible and inclusive products. Understanding of latest accessibility and usability standards.
- A passion for systems, patterns, and consistency. An affinity for documentation, tracking, and asynchronous communication
- Enjoy collaborating and communicating cross-functionally to solve organization-wide problems. Just as excited to work with the product team as you are the brand team.
- Expertise with Figma. Familiarity with Illustrator, Principle, and After Effects.
- An understanding of how your designs will be implemented. Experience writing basic front-end code (HTML/CSS). Rudimentary understanding of modern engineering frameworks, React, Flutter, Objective C, Swift.
- Experience managing or mentoring newer product designers.
- A portfolio of strong interaction design, design systems, and product design work.
What we’d love to see (Bonus):
- Experience working at companies known for their design.
- Experience setting type and creating assets such as icons and illustrations.
- Familiarity with prototyping tools (Principle, Invision, Framer, After Effects).
- Experience working with distributed teams in multiple time zones.
- Experience working in healthcare.
Why you’ll like working at Spring Health:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the mental health industry
- The challenge: make a big impact by joining a fast-growing team in its early stages
- Good benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits as well as access to mental health care on Spring Health
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent patient experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status