Lead Product Designer
In a few sentences…
Rah Rah is an innovative and disruptive student life platform that enables college campuses more accessible to students, and in turn, provides university administration real-time insight into how campus offerings are being used. This intuitive and fun-to-use platform empowers students to create their most enriching lives on campus, and by rooting for students to thrive; we are rooting for a university’s success!
After some recent momentum gained and wins within the industry we are now building out our founding technical team to build, scale and execute with us. We’re backed by founders and leaders of a billion dollar, industry-shifting company (Workday). You will get a chance to work directly with our founding team to provide true, long-term value to students and universities nationwide. This will be a transformational, career-defining choice for you (and us!) as you grow as a leader at Rah Rah.
The Product Designer will report to and work alongside the CTO, Sam Allen, at Rah Rah.
As the Lead Product Designer you will partner with our engineers in designing a new product to address the needs of students to find their way on campuses across the country. You will take ownership of the designs of our product, and of mobile app development of our platform. Additionally, you will be one of the first hires of the company and will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture we are developing at Rah Rah. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who wants to help build and bring to market a cutting-edge solution for colleges and universities to support students.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead product research along with co-founders through focus groups and other methods you find effective
- Translate the information gathered during research into wireframes, protoypes, or other forms of graphical mock-ups
- Support overall product strategy
- Support the CEO and CTO with projects to bring new products and services to market
Skills We Are Seeking
- Self-motivated with a passion for design
- User research experience, especially if focused on Generation Z
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A good understanding of design process as it relates to web applications
- The ability to iterate rapidly
- 5+ years of UX and UI design experience
- Photoshop, and Illustrator or Sketch skills
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Rapid prototyping experience (such as InVision) desired
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- You will need to include a digital portfolio of your best work demonstrating rock-solid experience in information architecture and interaction design.
- Equity Ownership in Stock Options over a 4 Year Vesting Schedule (25% Year 1 and the rest vesting evenly over each month until Year 4) Opportunity for more ownership via reward/bonus is planned as well
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Monthly Commute Stipend
- Unlimited Vacation
- Monday Breakfast
- Friday Lunch