Lead UX Designer at UiPath
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:54 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, September 21, 2019
Accelerate Human Achievement: that is UiPath's purpose. We are the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and the highest-valued AI enterprise software company in the world. With over $568 million in funding from top venture capital firms like Accel, CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia, IVP, Madrona Venture Group, Meritech Capital & Coatue, we are on an unprecedented trajectory of growth. With this funding, we have an incredible opportunity to improve the way people work globally.
Our award-winning company culture values humility, and leaders who know how to listen. CEO Daniel Dines’ primary goal was to build a company where he would love to work, and even now, with thousands of employees in tens of countries, that remains our top priority.
We trust and empower our colleagues, and together we make sure we have everything we need to do our best work, from the support of strong leaders to awesome perks and benefits.
We are building a small team of passionate people focused on changing the world for the better. We are looking for smart, customer obsessed people who have a strong sense of ownership. We are a robotic process automation (RPA) startup with a vision of building one robot per user. Come be part of our global team focused on providing the best customer experiences!
We are looking for the head of design who can help us shape the future of robotic process automation. We want someone with a passion to innovate, who likes working backwards from the customer and can tackle complex ambiguous problems.
Here's what you would be doing
- As a Lead UX Designer, you will lead, define, drive the IA, UI/UX, visual, research as well as prototyping and aspects of technical implementation of our UX across multi-modal interfaces.
- You will be responsible for developing best in class consumer experiences (UI designs, interaction models, prototypes, information architecture, task flows, visual language, etc.) in a fast paced startup.
- You will also work closely with engineering, product management, marketing and company leaders to successfully go from early stage concepts to launch.
- As a design leader, you will also manage, lead and mentor design teams that include UX and research.
- The ideal candidate for this role is a pragmatic visionary who can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution.
- You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a global environment.
- You are a self-starter with experience shipping compelling user experiences
- Collaborate with a creative team of IA, UX, visual, and motion designers as well as UX researchers and brand designers
- Help create the vision for developing, communicating and implementing the user experience design for multiple products across platforms; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Conduct and build in-house capabilities for user research, to test and validate design concepts with end users
- Deliver business vision using design artefacts such as Information Architecture, Task flow and High-Fidelity mocks and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, guidelines and pattern libraries
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Analyze user interface problems and lead your team in creating on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Consider market analysis, customer feedback, technical constraints/opportunities and user research findings and drive data-driven decision
- Work closely with the Product Management teams
- Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery.
- Regularly present the team’s work to senior managers and executives for review and feedback
- Create UX that balances consistency across all our platforms with mobile and device specific needs
- Develop, deliver, and maintain detailed design specifications for Engineering
What you would bring
- Note: please share your portfolio when you attach your resume for our review
- An online or digital portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design, conceptual thinking, and creative problem solving across platforms.
- 5+ years of experience as user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role (enterprise applications preferred).
- 3+ years as manager of small to medium size design teams; experience managing and growing teams is required; demonstrated ability to mentor and develop senior designers.
- Experience as a leader of multi-disciplinary creative teams
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Solid experience guiding or managing user research and usability testing
- Some travel required
Please share your portfolio when applying!
At UiPath, we value a range of diverse backgrounds experiences and ideas. We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other protected classes.
Read Full Job Description