Learning and Development Program Manager at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
- Establish practices, processes, and tools to ensure organized project management for multiple projects at one time with standards for learning program quality, impact, and engagement.
- Leads the development of new, innovative, and effective learning approaches.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure consistent quality and timely hand off of learning program materials including presentations, handouts, participant and facilitator guides, etc.
- Ensure all learning program content is aligned with company brand, culture, and values.
- Comfortable with coaching and mentoring others on learning design and development, as well as making and explaining trade off decisions with partners.
- Proactively manages expectations, communicates progress / challenges, and responds to questions - even when under pressure.
- Partner with delivery teams on pilots and ongoing evaluation to determine (and implement) vital improvements.
- Leveraging technology to drive automation, personalization, and evaluation of programs - including Learning Management Systems, assessment platforms, and authoring tools.
- Maintaining a network of high quality partners to tap into for capacity and/or specialized skills.
- You have 5+ years of experience in building learning programs in fast-paced, tech savvy environments with multiple teams and varying levels of leaders.
- You stay knowledgeable about adult learning, instructional design, and digital content development. Have built and deployed virtual learning experiences.
- You have successfully managed multiple projects through delivery, ideally with experience leading internal or freelance resources.
- You build strong cross-functional partnerships and trust with stakeholders through communication, reliability, and listening before offering helpful suggestions.
- You are able to lead all aspects of multiple programs, while keeping an eye on the details - quality matters to you as much as speed and execution.
- You maintain integrity and are comfortable being challenged on creative decisions - ultimately driving towards the best solution given learner needs, resources, time, and brand.
- You believe that learning should be time well spent and its impact can be measured.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.