Design at Policygenius
Everyone at Policygenius, from our newest customer success associate hire to our CEO, believes that the design process is our primary tool for empathy, problem-solving, and innovation. In fact, our product and design teams focus nearly exclusively on our discovery efforts; learning more about our customers, and designing experiments to validate our assumptions. To be successful, we’ve built a balanced team that aims to deeply understand how our real, human customers think about their financial security.
Why Platform design?
Our Operations team drives the heart of the business—we power the engine that enables them. The Platform team has the opportunity to solve complex, user-centered problems every day. We live on the front-lines and thrive on turning ambiguity into simplicity. Through strong partnerships with our internal product, engineering, and operations, we are working to build a sustainable, best in class insurance management platform. We’re working with those teams to ensure our platform optimizes workflows, streamlines communication, and alleviates the anxiety of disorganization.
Platform designers are encouraged to explore all opportunities that will help drive the efficiency of our system. No problem is too small, no challenge is too big. We know we’re successful when the tools we build are empowering, educating, and supporting our users—who also happen to be our co-workers! We have the rare benefit of working physically (or virtually) next to them daily to craft solutions that best fit their needs.
In this role, you will...
- Report to the Director, Product Design of the Platform team.
- Partner with your product management, engineering, data, and operations peers within our Life product to identify and prioritize key agent problems, their solutions, and the path to making them a reality.
- Contribute to the full product design cycle—from research and ideation to execution.
- Manage 1-2 designers at various stages in their careers and coach and mentor them through their progression.
- Be actively involved in recruiting activities to grow your direct team with top talent and the product design team on the whole.
- Continually leverage both quant and qual data to inform and validate your hypotheses.
- Provide the user’s voice through the entire product lifecycle, advocating for their needs.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaborative activities that align your teams’ understanding of problem sets and goals and their solutions.
- Leverage your experience to be a vocal voice in our growing design culture.
- Shape and contribute to our ongoing design systems development and processes.
- Develop meaningful artifacts that clearly articulate your thoughts and concepts—and be able to clearly communicate them.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You’ve spent 5+ years crafting engaging user experiences for digital platform and system-focused products and at least 1 year mentoring and coaching designers.
- You enjoy shaping the career path and trajectory of the designers you manage.
- You love sharing your knowledge with others to help them grow.
- You relish finding the quickest way possible to learn your users’ behaviors and needs.
- You appreciate those tough strategic conversations as much as you enjoy crafting solutions from their outcomes.
- You understand the pain of crafting and iterating to find the most simple solution possible but savor it.
- You are excited to dive into an industry fraught with regulations but wide open for innovation.
- You love to deliver your ideas with an “answer first” approach.
- You have a desire to learn from your peers and leaders in the industry.
- You are excited to help shape our design culture here at Policygenius.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!