Principal UX & Product Designer
At Conductor, a WeWork company, we’re passionate about helping businesses help their customers. Some of the world’s top brands use our software to create and optimize content so that it gets found online. We’re headquartered in NYC, and we’ve been named Crain’s “Best Place to Work” 7 years running.
Our Product & User Experience Design team is growing and is seeking a Principal UX & Product Designer to design the next generation experiences for our customers. The Product & User Experience Design team is responsible for all aspects of User-Centered design from user research, conceptual design, interactive prototyping, usability testing and visual design.
As a Principal UX & Product Designer you will be a leader and mentor on our Design team. You will lead large scale design projects and partner with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders. We are looking for a designer who can take product features from initial concept all the way through final visual design to create an amazing product that customers love, the market is wowed by and redefines the way our customers think about marketing.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define innovative user interfaces and interactions, which result in improved usability and user productivity
- Define workflows that reflect the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features
- Design at various levels of fidelity from whiteboard sketches to detailed wireframes, clickable prototypes, and high fidelity visual comps
- Perform qualitative user research to understand user needs and evaluate design solutions for usability
- 5+ years of UX and Product Design experience
- Experience designing software and web applications
- Experience designing data-rich interfaces and data visualizations
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, methodologies, best practices and approaches, particularly as applied to digital products and web-based applications
- Able to work iteratively on multiple projects in a fast-paced agile process
- Easy to work with, open to feedback, passionate and vocal about what is best for the user
- Have a strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Want to challenge the status quo and always strive to improve process and methodology
- Have mastery several design tools such as Sketch, Axure, Illustrator or Photoshop
- Have knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Able to work on-site in our Manhattan office
- A degree is User Interface Design, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction or a related discipline
- Front-End Development experience