Product Design Lead - Design System at Procore Technologies
Honest Buildings is looking for a Product Design Lead - Design System to own the creation and on-going governance of our new Design System. This critical role will be responsible for developing system in collaboration with our design team, as well as establishing the framework for design system documentation. In addition, this role will serve as subject matter expert to designers, engineers and product managers for all things related to the design system.
- You will define the core elements of the Honest Buildings Design System, specifying UX, visual, interaction and motion elements as well as documenting behaviors and usage guidelines.
- You will cultivate internal knowledge around the design system by serving as a subject matter expert to contributing teams who are building additions to the design system.
- You will use collaborative leadership skills to facilitate the adoption of the design system and ensure the best outcome for stakeholders.
- You are comfortable thinking in terms of systems, connecting and making relationships across multiple teams and experiences.
- You have experience with design languages and human interface guidelines and are familiar with frameworks, components and patterns -- ideally as both a designer and system creator.
- You are used to dealing with ambiguity and love solving ambitious problems in an agile, iterative manner.
- You are an experienced, detail-oriented designer with strong knowledge of interaction and visual design as well as familiarity with information architecture.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and have experience aligning teams and stakeholders by persuasion and influence.
- 5+ years experience of UX design for digital products
- 3+ years experience designing products using a design system
- 1+ years experience overseeing the development or maintenance of a design system
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starter able to work in an agile startup environment with other disciplines in quick design loops
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods, with extensive experience in most skill areas, tools and the UX Lifecycle.
- Experience overseeing other designers and giving actionable design feedback
- Experience leading cross-team efforts and collaborating with engineering, design and product management.
- Experience designing for all kinds of devices and screens
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (hey, we’re a startup)
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Free lunch on Fridays, catered every week
- Happy hours, parties, monthly team activities and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and other cool perks
- Sweet WeWork space in downtown Manhattan
So, why Honest Buildings?
- We have raised over $47m from top investors including Thrive Capital. Some of our clients even decided to invest after using our product for a year. How’s that for market traction. #humblebrag
- We remember to have lots of fun and we have nice startup perks, but we’re definitely playing to win. Our vibe is best described as laid back and trusting, but professional.
- Real estate and construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by technological change and it is truly ripe for disruption. Old School is ready to go New School.
- It’s a market massively larger than others you may know. We’re talking $8 trillion in Commercial Real Estate Construction vs. for instance $1.5 trillion in E-Commerce, or $100 billion in Transportation. It’s an amazing opportunity, grounded in real needs.
- Buildings are an incredibly important asset that affect the way we all live, work, and play. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the decision makers and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day, in cities all across North America.