An estimated 48 million Americans suffer from hearing loss and only 10-15% have treated it – enter Lively. We’re on a mission to empower people to hear better through more affordable, accessible and delightful hearing care.
Lively is a series A company, perfect for anyone eager to make an early impact in something big. We are a unique blend of experts and leaders from Facebook, Amazon, 1stdibs, Lyft, and have assembled a world-class advisory board and audiology team.
Here at Lively, we are a passionate team of highly-driven entrepreneurs, designers, clinicians and technologists creating a best-in-class experience to help solve one of America’s greatest healthcare issues – untreated hearing loss. If you’ve been looking for a high growth company that is also mission-driven, this is it.
About the Role
As Product Design Lead you will apply your passion for interaction and product design to creating a best-in-class experience to help solve one of America’s greatest healthcare issues – untreated hearing loss. In this role, you’ll focus on helping customers understand how their hearing loss impacts their life and provide them with a solution to their problem. We have bold plans and design will play a critical role in our success.
What You'll Do
- Reporting to Head of Design, you’ll collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Audiology leaders to drive conversion by developing cutting-edge diagnostic tools and use behavioral psychology to engage with customers to solve their hearing problem
- Brainstorm and collaborate to develop new features that help customers understand the benefits of Lively’s products and services and the larger benefits of addressing their hearing loss
- Develop high-level flows and wireframes into fully-designed engineering-ready mockups
- Plan and conduct usability and acceptance testing
- Build rich and engaging interactives to convey product benefits
- Delight your friends with your rich knowledge of audiology
- Minimum 8+ years working as a Product or UX designer
- Ability to deliver a project from research, flows and wires to pixel-perfect screens for engineering
- A full-stack product designer - must include strong visual design skills
- Fluent in Figma, Sketch, and the Adobe Suite
- A portfolio that demonstrates your process, a user-centered approach, and the results
- B2C and/or healthcare experience required
- Experience with both marketing funnels and designing web-based applications
- Excel at problem-solving and are able to communicate the reasons behind your design decisions.
- You’re a mature person who can make tough decisions. You have a passion for a superlative user experience balanced with an understanding that startups need to move fast
- Strong content strategy and storytelling skills
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Superlative written and documentation skills
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- A positive, can-do attitude. We’re going to do great things. And you can’t wait to do them.