Product Design Manager, Presence
Squarespace is a design-centric product company that enables anyone to make it beautiful. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams amongst product managers, engineers and researchers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member has wide responsibilities and freedom to act.
The Presence team is looking for a Product Design Manager to join us to continue to develop the Content Management System which is the foundation of everything Squarespace does. The CMS is what makes it possible for our customers to present themselves to the world in the best way possible.
At Squarespace, you will be challenged in an environment that values vision, execution and persistence. You will help build our product by solving complex challenges in simple, elegant ways.
You will report to the VP, Product Design in New York.
- Recruit new designers and participate in the hiring process
- Develop the designers on your team, set clear goals, manage workloads, and ensure their overall happiness
- Collaborate on project briefs and scoping
- Collaborate with designers and teams to ensure the best, most relevant practices are employed and evolved
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Create wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Collaborate with product management, engineering and research
- Help drive strategy in the areas you manage, including competitive research and pushing to support potential opportunities
- Deliver polished comps, flows and assets to team members
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Follow both large and small projects through, beyond delivery
- Collaborate on evolving our style guides
- 8+ years of digital/product design experience
- 3+ years of management experience leading seasoned designers
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Well rounded understanding of information architecture
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Love of iterative development
- Experience developing great software
- Experience using tools like Sketch and InVision
- A solid understanding of how web and mobile applications work
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.