Product Designer, Clinical Tools and Workflows
We're looking for an experienced Product Designer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
You’ll work on Clinical Tools within OncoEMR, an electronic health record that is used to help coordinate and facilitate patient care in cancer clinics across the United States. From designing new workflows to implementing usability enhancements, your work has the potential to empower a wide range of caregivers throughout a patient’s treatment journey. In addition, you'll also:
- Be involved in every stage of the design process, from discovery user research to product scoping to feature implementation
- Observe and talk to doctors, nurses, and operations staff in order to consider and evaluate problems from multiple angles, identifying user needs
- Generate hypotheses and help frame solutions through both quantitative and qualitative user research methods
- Work within a cross-functional team to validate both low and hi fidelity interaction design prototypes using feedback from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify edge cases and display states to accurately show complex patient data
- Communicate your ideas through design presentations and workshops to create alignment on proposed solutions and next steps before moving into feature development
- Collaborate and partner with product managers, engineers, and clinical experts to shape quarterly roadmap work and objectives through strategic design input
- Contribute to our shared design system, and shape the future of our tool alongside other designers
You will have the opportunity to work closely with oncologists, nurses, practice administrators, research coordinators, data scientists, engineers, product managers, quantitative scientists, and of course other designers in a flexible environment, learn about the intricacies of the healthcare system, and deliver well-designed solutions that not only solve problems, but will change the way design is applied to healthcare products and processes.
Who You Are
You're a Product Designer with 3-5 years of experience designing complex, multi-step workflows in an applied product, user experience or interaction design role. Successful OncoEMR designers typically possess a generalist skillset, and have the ability to concisely explain complex problems and projects to audiences of all backgrounds in both written and verbal form.
- You have knowledge of user centered design practices and contemporary design tools, and how best to apply both
- You have a portfolio that tells the story of how you’ve applied design to solve problems in the past, starting at an idea and ending with a solution in the hands of your users, as well as what you learned throughout the process.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and comfort working with expert-level users
- You have experience conducting research with external users
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- A supportive and growing design team, with whom we run weekly design critiques
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.