Product Designer, Marketing Tools at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart with whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are seeking talented product designers to help lead the direction of future releases. You will be challenged in an ambitious, ever-changing organization that values vision, execution, persistence, and flexibility. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams with product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team’s success.
We’re looking for a Product Designer for our Marketing Tools team to work on tools our customers use to build, grow and communicate with their audiences. You’ll be responsible for improving the current experience, but also working on new features that will define the future of marketing tools across desktop and mobile. You’ll work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, including Product Management, Engineering and Design to build marketing tools our customers love.
Prior experience with the challenges of building a mobile tools and a deep understanding of mobile technologies is a plus.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate and design the user experience and own the detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams from concept through delivery and beyond
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Create simple, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates seamlessly into our ecosystem
- Be data driven and have a strong desire to constantly improve the experience
- 1–2 years of experience
- Well versed in user experience, visual design and prototyping
- Well rounded understanding of user experience, information architecture and interface design
- Idealistic, yet pragmatic
- User centered with a systems approach to design
- Self starter mentality and ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.