Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
Hyperscience is hiring a Product Designer who will join one or more squads building new capabilities into the Hyperscience platform. This Designer will apply user centered design methods, lean product principles, work closely with a team of Engineers and PMs, and learn a lot of new skills along the way!
Designers in this role will be immersed in a host of emerging technologies that come with complex design challenges. They will collaborate with machine learning engineers, design human-in-the-loop interactions, and work with users and stakeholders at large enterprises that make up the Hyperscience customer base. Candidates will learn these concepts on the job and need not be experts in machine learning or automation to apply.
Hyperscience Designers work end-to-end in the product lifecycle. Depending on the needs of your product squads, Designers perform research to discover user pains and needs, prototype and test solutions, and design visual artifacts to communicate those solutions to Engineers. Candidates should have some proficiency in design research as well as UX and UI design in complex web applications, and there is ample opportunity to grow on the job!
- Surface lean solutions in a complex technical landscape.
- Lead many varieties of research in order to understand user and stakeholders needs.
- Leverage evidence to inform and shape the user experience, to connect teammates with user needs, and to design solutions that will address user and business needs.
- Design workflows and other solutions that solve user problems and enable them to accomplish tasks in Hyperscience effectively.
- Build prototypes, run tests, and iterate with users in order to reduce risk and ship products that solve real problems.
- Maintain a vocabulary of effective user interface patterns and practices for enterprise software.
- Determine how a large area of the product will interact with people, facilitate conversations to gather feedback, and proactively share research findings.
- Engage the full team in the design process so that design work is aligned to business needs and is technically feasible.
- Demonstrate curiosity and understanding of the broader context that surrounds Hyperscience users: the organizations they work for, the problems they are trying to solve, and the automation industry at large.
- Maintain sufficient expertise in the technical underpinnings of Hyperscience to collaborate with a team of PMs and Engineers.
- 2+ years experience in Product Design for enterprise-grade web applications or services
- A strong interest in user-centered design principles and qualitative research methods
- A portfolio demonstrating Product Design experience
- Expertise in interaction design and defining user flows
- Comfort with ambiguity - our company is growing! As we scale we’re looking for a Designer that is comfortable diving into that ambiguity to help drive the product forward
- Proficiency in visual design and prototyping tools, e.g. Figma
- Comfort collaborating with Engineers and PMs to understand tradeoffs between effort and value
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ideally this position is in NYC, Toronto, London, or Sofia, but working remotely anywhere in the US on East Coast hours is also an option.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.