Product Designer, Platform at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 500 employees and growing. We've recently raised $100 million in Series D funding at a valuation over $1 billion and have financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is seeking a Product Designer to join our Platform team focused on delivering a seamless experience to our customers by reducing the complexity of end-to-end real estate transactions. Our Platform acts as an operational hub to centralize processes across all of our users ranging from home advisors to title agents, lenders and even construction teams. As a Product Designer on this team, you will have the opportunity to develop domain expertise, work directly with our in-house real estate and operations teams, and design experiences that directly impact our business and customer experience.
In this role you’ll work on projects ranging from designing intuitive workflows and tooling to support our in-house agents, to automation opportunities for our brokerage operations, and even contributing to our new and evolving internal design system. You will own the design process end-to-end, identifying opportunities through user research and translating insights into simple and usable experiences that make a meaningful impact on Orchard’s success and allow us to deliver on our mission of making buying stress-free, fair, and simple. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience working on fast-paced, collaborative teams and a passion for solving complex consumer problems from ideation to execution.
Our team is based out of NYC, but we are also open to fully remote candidates based out of the following states where Orchard currently operates: Texas, Virginia, Georgia, DC, Colorado and North Carolina.
What You’ll Do Here
- Lead the design of products and features that support our in-house real estate teams to facilitate seamless transactions and delightful customer experiences
- Translate complex ideas into meaningful, intuitive user experiences based on in-depth research and testing
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and other designers to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new features
- Work on a variety of project types: from net new product experiences to iterating and optimizing features to maximize impact
- Participate in strategy and planning, acting as the voice of the user (internal stakeholders as well as the end customer) and helping the squad identify opportunities to deliver value
- Share work early and often and proactively solicit feedback from peers, product team, and stakeholders
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Orchard
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2-4 years professional experience with end-to-end digital product design (research, wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups and/or high fidelity prototypes)
- Demonstrated track record of success in building products based on research that drive meaning impact
- Passionate about complex service/design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development
- Deep empathy for the customer that drives design and product decisions
- Strong systems thinking, information architecture, and interaction design skills
- The ability to clearly communicate and document your design decisions
- Interest and excitement about complex systems and solving new, challenging problems in a sector ripe for innovation
- Bias to action, able to work creatively to unblock themselves and the team, balance quality and time
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're continuing to work from home until it's safe for all employees to return to the office. Our offices are open for our team members who would like to come in on a voluntary basis and for all team members who work in essential in-office roles. As part of our commitment to health and safety, all employees currently working in our office spaces are required to show proof of vaccination. We anticipate making an official return to the office on a hybrid basis of two days a week in January of 2022 and are excited to see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.