Product Designer, R&D at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our Sr. Technical Product Manager, the Product Designer will be charged with all the new product brainstorming and new product prototyping in the R&D team. You will learn a lot on how to build crypto/digital assets related innovative products while working with the team. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and this Product Designer role will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Design frontend UIUX with the product owner and frontend engineers based on business requirements, both web and mobile
- Take new features from ideation to prototyping, to user testing, and to production
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Execute on the product roadmap and help define product strategy
- Daily collaboration with Engineering, User Research, and Product
Who You Are
- Quick learner, self-starter, having excellent product sense and professional communication skills
- Hands-on experience working in a collaborative environment with engineers, user researchers, and product teams
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of professional UX/UI design Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, modern design related major are highly recommended
- Experience designing consumer-facing experiences on web and mobile
- Strong experience with PS / AI / Figma / Sketch, or other UIUX related tools
- Knowledge of HTML/HTML5, CSS, or any related frontend knowledge is a huge plus
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.