At Hive, we know that great design is essential to a great product. Our teams live all day in Hive -- let's make their home a beautiful, functional and rewarding place to be.
We're looking for a visual designer who crafts pixel-perfect experiences based on clear thinking on user journeys that are natural, intuitive and powerful.
You should be hungry to tackle hard design problems that require understanding the customer really well. You should have a keen interest in interaction design, systems thinking, and understanding the nuances of complex workflows. You should be fearless about talking directly with customers and challenging your own knowledge and assumptions. You should be comfortable sketching and working in a “rough draft culture” where we share early and often.
- User Research & Discovery - Identify and develop a deep understanding of the needs of our customer base. Use this knowledge to develop first-class features and interfaces that create and improve upon the value of our products.
- Concepting & Prototyping - Develop sketches, wireframes, mockups, and functional prototypes to effectively communicate and validate interactions and design ideas.
- Usability Testing & Validation - Engage directly with customers to test design ideas and solutions.
- Visual & Interaction Design - Create engineering-ready designs with all necessary assets to ensure shared understanding of the details.
- Collaborative approach - Collaborate with engineers, customer success, sales and customers to prioritize, design, launch, test, and iterate
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant design/UX work experience (and demonstrable portfolio) designing B2B mobile and web-based applications in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles, visual / interaction design, hierarchy and typography
- Experience designing and executing user tests and usability studies to direct product designs and priorities, and gathering feedback
- Experience with UX design tools (tools we use include Sketch, InVision among others)
- Strong belief in simple, clean, and detail oriented visual design
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills