Product Designer at EquityZen
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a talented Product Designer who is eager to lead our design efforts as we redefine private markets. Join us if you are a data-driven, creative problem solver with a passion for designing elegant user experiences and collaborating across multiple teams.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Discover insights, opportunities, and requirements while advocating for the best user experience and incrementally improving the product.
- Rapidly create prototypes to test hypotheses with users to collect feedback.
- Present your work to peers and leadership, asynchronous and in-person.
- Promote best practices, a consistent look/feel, and ultimately champion the ideal usability over our portfolio of products.
- Contribute to, and continually evolve, our design system.
- Think and write about your process and document your decisions.
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 2+ years in a UX design role at a data-driven, consumer facing company
- A strong eye for visual and interaction design with cross-platform experience (desktop, responsive mobile, native mobile, email)
- Experience collaborating directly with PMs, engineers, business stakeholders, and end users to develop design concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Highly skilled at creating both lo-fi and hi-fi wireframes as well as interactive prototypes for idea iteration and interaction design
- A data-driven mentality with at least intermediate experience running experiments (e.g. A/B tests), researching user behavior, and analyzing data across analytical platforms (e.g. SQL, Excel, Kibana, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, and Optimizely)
- Demonstrated experience improving conversion across various stages of the funnel
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Understanding of the financial services/FinTech industries or marketplace business models
- Experience sourcing, recruiting, and hiring other designers
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.