Senior Art Director
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are currently seeking a Senior Art Director to join our Marketing Team in New York City. The Senior Art Director is second-in-command to the Creative Director and will assist in leading and mentoring a small but growing team of creatives while also being a strong and multi-disciplined individual contributor.
A portfolio link is required with all applications, and please be sure to verify that you meet all requirements before applying.
Who You Are
First and foremost you are a problem-solver, both as a designer and as a manager. You’re a passionate aesthete whose skills don’t fit neatly into a box. Your right brain loves creativity and design in all of its forms, while your left brain loves finding simple solutions to complex challenges in both the digital and real-world end-user experience. You are a rising star in your field, a true multidisciplinary creative who thrives on achieving tangible results both as an individual contributor and as a senior team member.
You create art for work. You create art for pleasure. You have crafted pixel-perfect user interfaces for websites and digital communications that have produced measurable results, you have used stunning typography to create small and large-format visual experiences in the real world, and you have harnessed your creative vision to direct photographers and videographers to produce world-class content.
You are a rock-solid Art Director and people manager, but you don’t stop there. You have a passion for digging deeper into new technologies and industry trends, and can offer ideas for new and creative applications of Yext’s content and thought leadership.
Who We Are
We’re a small and passionate Creative Studio within the Marketing team of a fast-paced, innovative technology company. Our challenge is the ultimate marketing challenge — marketing to marketers. We work tirelessly to improve the manner in which our content, websites, thought leadership, blogs, print materials, direct mail, social media, and video content introduce customers, prospects, partners, and talent to Yext’s products, services, and culture.
If you relish the opportunity to join that kind of team, we need to talk.
- Serve as second-in-command to the VP, Creative Director
- Assist in leading and mentoring a group of creatives that include traditional and digital designers, and videographers
- Contribute to Yext’s overall brand vision and strategy
- Create and implement branding systems for Yext’s sub-brands, events, and products
- Design pixel-perfect digital and printed collateral such as user interfaces, landing pages, emails, marketing documents, thought leadership publications, event signage, and premiums for the Yext Digital & Creative Services Team
- Drive innovation and differentiation of the Yext brand
- Continually look for ways to optimize design and workflows to improve performance and results
- An energetic, flexible, and approachable work style
- 7+ years creative experience at a marketing tech company, digital agency or client-side creative group.
- 2+ years management experience
- Extraordinary design and typography skills with an eye to building flexible branding systems
- Proven experience both digital UX and traditional print design as well as video and photo production
- Expert knowledge of creative process, the Adobe Creative Suite, and design tools including Powerpoint, and Sketch
- BA or advanced degree in Visual Design or relative practical/technical experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.