Senior Design Program Manager
Squarespace is seeking a Senior Design Program Manager (DPM) to lead design programs that empower craft, methods, and processes to optimize design output. The senior DPM leads design teams and is responsible for partnering with design managers to push design forward. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with product managers, designers, content strategists, user researchers, engineers, and technical program management to understand, plan, and deliver on product goals.
- Own and manage design projects from briefing to release and refine as the team continues to scale.
- Drive design scoping, timelines, and delivery in collaboration with product teams to hit brief goals.
- Manage design reviews and route through the product org and executive leadership for approvals at every checkpoint in the project lifecycle
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and technical program management to ensure a smooth creative and development process.
- Drive and document design feedback and identify opportunities to maximize design output.
- Maintain design program status and communicate across the product org.
- Coordinate usability studies in partnership with product designers.
- Manage designer new hire team onboarding.
- 7+ years of experience as digital producer or program manager with a background in product, digital, or tech (plus with experience in design ops or design program management).
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of product design, design research, and content strategy.
- Understanding and appreciation of current industry product design systems.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively prioritize tasks, identify and address blockers, and push projects forward from beginning to end.
- Clear, structured, and proactive communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and capturing the big picture to hit on product goals
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of stakeholders and designers in a complex environment.
- Ability to work with detailed-oriented individuals and stay focused on core objectives and schedule.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and setting clear expectations.
- Be a team-player; always bring a smile and a limitless determination to succeed and grow.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.