Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock Health (CBH) is looking for a Sr Creative Learning Experience Designer to join the L&D Group at CBH. L&D is an enterprise team that is striving to cultivate a strong learning culture at Cityblock Health. A fundamental accountability is fostering exploration and designing innovative content to educate, upskill and develop new hires, implementation and expansion teams, clinical, non-member facing folx capabilities that drive predictability, stability and reliability of the Cityblock Health Care Model. The L&D group is entrepreneurial-minded and dedicated to delivering the ultimate learning experiences for folx across the enterprise. Our mission is to democratize and scale learning content to anyone, anytime, anywhere. L&D creates the Blueprint learning content and has three pillars: Mobile-first (device agnostic), In-Person (Live, Virtually, Peer-to-Peer,) and Clinical and Non-clinical certification (Grand Rounds, Case Studies, CEUs). The Sr. Creative Learning Experience Designer will be a vital part of creating stunning SCROM compliant learning content with maximum performance impact. The individual will consult and collaborate internally with teams across the CBH to assess learning intervention appropriates. Will create measurable learning content, exploring and integrating new learning methods, to include but not limited to streaming, cinematic, ILT, VILT, mLearning, and eLearning interventions to serve our folx. Critical to all elements of this role is the incorporation of our core values to sustain a team standard of trust, innovation, celebration of successes, and support and fostering the stability, reliability and predictability of the care.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelor's Degree in instructional design, multimedia design, art history, or related degree
- Master's Degree or equivalent of 6-8 years of experience designing innovative learning products
- Experience building engaging cinematic, digital learning; micro-learning, lab practices, knowledge checks
- Experience designing and implementing a learner lifecycle, communication, engagement and measurement evaluation strategies to foster a strong learning culture
- Knowledge of adult learning methods: Andragogy, Experiential, Transformational, Self-Directed, Project-Based, Action Learning
- Experience synthesizing large volumes of content into micro-learning
- Experience creating SCORM compliant content for Learning Management Systems (LMS): Docebo
- Skilled in co-creating with/and for Subject Matter Experts
- Skilled in learning authoring tools like Articulate or Captivate and can vet the best solution for our need
- Experience with Google, Apple and Microsoft technology
- Experience working abstract and complex problems into project plans and deliverables
- Strong cross functional influencing and engagement skills
- You have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- You have the desire to contribute to a learning and evolving model of care, and a quickly growing staff
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new and better care.
- You have the ability to travel periodically to support implementation and expansion activities
How We Define Success:
- Consult with the business to diagnose, solution and improve performance to foster and preserve the stability, reliability and predictability of Cityblock Health care model
- Collaborate with IT, marketing, communications, creative partners and SME’s to concept and create innovative, effective and on-brand content across multi-digital experiences that drive member outcomes
- Innovate stunning, effective, device agnostic learning interventions to include but not limited to: Netflix-like streaming, movie trailers, webcomics
- Design learning to achieve measurable outcomes
- Oversee the E2E communication and engagement strategy in collaboration with corporate communication, to include but not limited to communication approach to all folx;
- Establish effective interlock with the IT and Product team to “smartly” leverage artificial intelligence (AI) to create alerts of change i.e.new learning content and tech product releases,
- Create a feedback loop back to L&D team, upcoming learning/culture sessions) to increase engagement and interest in continuous learning
- Co-create and manage the E2E learning life cycle and learner experience advocacy with Manager of Learning Delivery
- Develop roadmaps/learning journeys based on disciplines broadly, i.e. clinicians (social workers, CHPs, etc)
- Advocate for learning experience/understand time demands and other competing priorities to ensure that the learning intervention will enhance their experience and not increase friction
- Build and execute a learning design plan based on learner performance needs
- Become an expert for a range of Cityblock Health member products and translate clinical and non-clinical content into engaging learning experiences
- Provide strong visual design and development guidance for outlier Cityfolx and vendor content development
- Continually work to ensure all learning content and guides are up-to-date and in line with products and larger learning goals and initiatives
- Build relationships with key cross-functional partners to understand how content is being received and engaged within Cityblock Health and take action based on feedback
- Stay current with human capital and learning trends — always look for new ways to help us to remain innovative and effective in democratizing learning
- Analyzes and forecasts business and market trends to maintain competitive learning edge
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
- Identify and initiate ways to optimize human, financial and technology resources for learning across the enterprise
- Strategic thinking to ensure learning experiences are designed and delivered to address learners with various levels of program/product/industry, market knowledge/education
- Stays current in best practices, tools, and applications across human capital, learning and performance industry
- Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables
- Provides input to Cityblock’s Learning strategy and specific Learning development plans
- Actively understand and collaborate with IT and Product team to understand the technology and product feature releases and changes that underpin the care model and impact the folx performance
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience designing learning for the Healthcare industry a plus, or
- Experience with operational learning data analytics
- Experience in a technology-enabled healthcare setting
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.