Experience Strategy is a new team at Squarespace. Equal parts strategy, research and design, the impact is focused on all Squarespace audiences. You’ll innovate our company’s way of working, transform existing products & services, and identify areas for creation of new value for both customers and our business. You’ll be responsible for leading work to produce service blueprints, ecosystem maps, user journey maps, user models, conceptual designs, research stimuli and experience principles for evolving products, processes and content.
You will sit within the Product Design organization, reporting to the Product Design Director, Platform.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Research team input, requirements, customer research and competitor data to guide experience strategy, identify new insights and opportunities, understand our customers, and test potential design solutions; partner closely with Design and UX Research to conduct qualitative and quantitative research
- Translate experience goals into solutions across products and services, considering the full end-to-end customer experience, integration points and impact to other teams within a complex product ecosystem
- Prototype and test ideas collaboratively, allowing customers and employees to achieve their goals in new ways; Bring concepts to life using frameworks, sketches, prototypes across mediums
- Develop strategy and design of the end-to-end experience and interactions; Consult on design of touch points or operational elements of our products and service
- Create compelling, actionable resources for the larger organization to use when assessing their work in order to identify experience gaps
- Design and facilitate discovery-focused workshops (framing, planning, ideation, co-creation) to unlock partner teams/disciplines
- Understand the stages and steps involved in product usage and delivery; Translate propositions into an actual service customers can use
- Explore service metrics and partner across the business on feasibility and implementation, to observe and evaluate outcomes with senior business leaders
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, research & design with an understanding of information architecture, systems, experience design and service design principles
- Ability to understand the impact of design decisions to help deliver value to our customers in a way that supports our business objectives
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills in a collaborative environment to ensure understanding and adoption of your work
- You are unafraid to (respectfully) articulate a bold point of view with your work while remaining supported by data and research
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.