What You Will Do
- Conceptualize TCG game features and game loops, and clearly communicate your vision to others.
- Collaborate with Game Design, Marketing, and Project Management teams to design, perfect, and implement innovative game features and game loops through and including post-launch support.
- Act as a creative leader who can represent players’ needs while remaining sensitive to the needs of other stakeholders.
- Playtest new card and game system designs. Review game design documents, proposals and conceptual prototypes. Provide actionable feedback.
- Create and own accurate, clear game design documentation for communication with internal stakeholders.
- Prepare reports and data visualization to present to internal stakeholders.
What You Will Bring
- Understanding of what motivates both competitive and social TCG players.
- In-depth game design experience and knowledge, with a focus on TCG or strategy game design.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to synthesize game-play data to iteratively improve game systems, loops, and features.
- Passion for mobile strategy games and an experience with mobile game design best practices.
- Experience ideating on new IP and/or working in incubation is a strong plus.
- Love of the varied and diverse possibilities in the superhero genre.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and meet deadlines.
- 3+ years of game design experience in a professional setting. Prior experience with strategy or TCG games preferred.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Collaboration: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage others in a professional manner.
- Empathy: You can relate to and understand players who are not like you, and who may have different motivations than yours when playing games.
- Time Management: You can handle multiple projects with varying and changing timelines. Projects are completed on time and you ask for help as needed. You are able to effectively work remotely without direct supervision.
- Attention to detail: Misplaced data can have vastly negative effects on games. You find the errors most would overlook.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k matching