DoorDash is missioned to disrupt the future of delivery logistics in the three-sided marketplace: Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers. We have achieved exponential growth since the foundation in 2013, and we’re proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US. The company is at the pivotal point of transforming the user experience to the next level, as all three-sided marketplace continues to grow fast and the business expands beyond the food delivery.
At DoorDash, our customers - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers alike - are at the forefront of the product strategy. We deeply believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of the company’s business in the long run. Design plays a strong voice, providing critical thought partnership in cross-functional product development. This is where you come in.
The Consumer design team creates the mobile apps and the website that millions of customers use every day to order a meal. Through the team’s amazing talent and hard work, we’re currently ranked as the #1 app in the Food & Drink category in the app store.
We're looking for a Site Lead in our office in NYC. As a Site Lead, you will build the product design team from scratch and define the design team’s culture in NYC. The NYC design team will lead the emerging use cases for our Consumers such as Pickup, DoorDash for Work, Dine-in, and many more as DoorDash grows beyond our food delivery service. Your PM and Engineer counterparts are colocated in NYC. You’ll work closely with the rest of the Design and Product teams in the San Francisco Bay Area, playing a critical glue between the bi-coastal offices.What You’ll Do
- Set the vision for the various Consumer emerging use cases as listed above, and define the pragmatic milestones to achieve the vision with cross-functional teams
- Deeply immerse yourself into the complexity of the Consumer design problems, drive the meaningful solution, and make a measurable impact on the business
- Actively practice and evangelize the customer-centric thinking organizationally
- Play a strong thought partner to cross-functional teams like Product, Engineering, Analytics, and Operations to realize the company’s mission
- Partner with other design leaders in Consumer, Merchant and Dasher experiences to build the holistic journey in the three-sided marketplace
- Hire the best talent who will raise the bar at DoorDash; hire two additional designers in NYC immediately
- Coach and mentor designers on both soft and hard skills and help them develop and achieve career goals
- Build a culture that elevates the team, in terms of both performance and morale
- Establish the operating model that increases the team’s effectiveness
- Align the team’s priorities and deliverables to the company’s overarching strategy and goals
- Be the inspirational leader through your creativity, vision, commitment, and persistence
- You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are comfortable navigating through ambiguity and complexity
- You exhibit a strong bias towards action
- You can think and scale at 10x
- You are a proactive problem solver, not just a problem identifier
- You are curious and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You are a respected people manager with high EQ; you know how to motivate a team even in the most challenging times
- You attract top talent and hire people who will raise the bar
- You are able to stand up for shipping quality products for customers
- You make a great thought partner with cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and effective communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing problem-solving skills at large scale and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- 10+ years of experience in design, with a minimum of 3 years in team building and management
- Have managed a team of 3 or more
- Fluency in the latest product design trends, tools, and technology cross-platform, especially mobile apps
- Must be able to work in our office in NYC post-COVID, with regular trips to San Francisco HQ
- Prior design experience in the commerce/local industry is preferred
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out the latest news on the DoorDash Design blog or the DoorDash Corporate blog.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.