Senior Product Designer (Contract)
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
Product Designers at TpT are passionate about creating the very best experiences for all our marketplace touchpoints. As a leader on our product team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build and beyond. You’ll partner with product managers, engineers, our research team, our community, and others in setting and executing our product vision and direction. You’ll take on a range of design challenges and be expected to advocate for the clearest, cleanest, and most cohesive design experiences.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that solve user and business problems and is loved by our community of teachers
- Communicate and facilitate decisions effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to your product team’s growth, vision, and strategy
- Help develop and define TpT’s design sensibilities, methodologies, and culture
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- Experience with Ed-Tech or Marketplaces