Senior Product Designer, Digital Quizzes at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
The Digital team at TpT is creating the next set of experiences for teachers and students in the classroom. As more devices are integrated into classrooms and instructional methods continue to evolve, teachers and students will need a different set of tools and experiences in this transition.
Product Designers at TpT are passionate about creating the very best experiences for all our marketplace touchpoints. As a leader on our product team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build and beyond. You’ll partner with product managers, engineers, our research team, our community, and others in executing our product vision and direction. You’ll take on a range of design challenges and be expected to advocate for the clearest, cleanest, and most intuitive user experience.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that solve user and business problems and is loved by our community of teachers
- Communicate and facilitate decisions effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to your product team’s growth, vision, and strategy
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what you’ve built, and tells us who you are as a person
- Experience with Ed-Tech or Marketplaces
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother's Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.