We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Product Design team works on embedded cross-functional teams, collaborating closely with PMs and engineers on major product areas. You will be embedded with the Graphing Experience team, which owns the UI for customers to create their own Dashboards, Notebooks, and other graphs across the Datadog platform.
We’re looking for a product designer with a passion for designing dynamic workflows and untangling technical problems. This team builds the experiences that every Datadog user will interact with: real-time dashboards, data-driven notebooks, and the design patterns that scale across our other products.
As a part of the Graphing Experience team, you'll work on some of our most technical design problems. You’ll act as a leader within the product design team, collaborating with other designers to make their product’s graphing experiences better.
Previous projects include:
- Collaborating with designers and product teams across the company to improve search behavior
- Identifying and designing features to help customers customize their graphs
- Improving the design of our JSON editor
- Developing the broader UI and UX vision that these features are a part of
This is a core part of the product experience, and you’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact.
We are expanding globally, designing and building multiple new products, and leveraging DesignOps to speed up and scale our efforts. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining products, collaborating with PMs and engineering leads, and researching, prototyping, and scaling design with new systems.
- Prototype rich interactions and micro-interactions to query data and configure visualizations, partnering with engineers when necessary
- Work with customer success engineers and product managers to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- See your design work through from start to finish: turn insights from user research into ideas, sketch and prototype to bring them to life, and ship products and features that make Datadog better
- Be the expert in your product area, mentoring designers on the team to do their best work
- Communicate both your design work and the support for your design decisions across the company
- Develop a relationship with your engineering team to understand how your designs will be built and how you can provide quality assurance.
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital product design
- You are an excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- You enjoy working on complex technical design problems
- Your portfolio includes a proven track record of shipping interaction design work in enterprise web applications
- You have strong interaction design and experience with prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Framer, Sketch, Figma, InVision)
- You understand systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- You give and receive feedback well, supporting and improving the work of your colleagues as well as your own
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth start-up environment
- You have experience using code editors, or querying data using SQL or other tools.
- You have worked on technical products and data visualizations
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.