At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world’s first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
The marketplace is where 7.5 million educators come to find teaching resources that enable them to enhance their lessons and save time. In 2021, the marketplace will evolve in order to help power a transformation of TpT to a more digital classroom. The marketplace team has two goals in 2021 that you’ll work to achieve: 1) drive adoption of TpT’s new suite of digital tools, and 2) increase the quality of resources that teachers find in the marketplace, all while maintaining a cohesive marketplace experience. You will work closely with our customers and internal stakeholders to identify product opportunities to achieve these goals, and you’ll work collaboratively with your product team to test, ship, and iterate on solutions that achieve these goals.
Product Designers at TpT are passionate about creating the very best experiences for all our marketplace touchpoints. As a leader on our product team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build and beyond. You’ll partner with product managers, engineers, our research team, our community, and others in executing our product vision and direction. You’ll take on a range of design challenges and be expected to advocate for the clearest, cleanest, and most intuitive user experience.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that solve user and business problems and is loved by our community of teachers
- Communicate and facilitate decisions effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to your product team’s growth, vision, and strategy
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Believe in our mission to connect and empower teachers
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what you’ve built, and tells us who you are as a person
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces/E-commerce, or search-based UX
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother's Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.