Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work on our Cross Product Success & Member Accounts teams, which live within the Platform org. You will develop a holistic strategy aimed at helping customers discover all that Squarespace has to offer. As our platform grows, these teams will guide users towards new and relevant products, provide feedback and guidance to help them expand their online presence and grow their businesses, while ensuring frictionless access and navigation throughout the entire ecosystem. This is an opportunity to design solutions that will impact key business metrics, while improving the experience for enterprising dreamers on the platform.
This role reports to the Product Design Director of Platform.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Drive clear team alignment around goals and priorities
- Collaborate with other product teams to help drive customer acquisition and retention for each of our products
- Continually seek to understand the capabilities and technical constraints of the systems with which you’ll be working
- Co-create ways of working from discovery through delivery in collaboration with product, engineering, research, and content strategy
- Love talking to users and looking at data in equal measure
- Help define key metrics in order to track success and business impact
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- 5+ years of experience
- Well versed in, and opinionated about visual and user experience design
- Experience building end-to-end user experiences for complex systems
- Understanding of information architecture and service design principles
- Use a systems approach to design
- Love of iterative development
- A deep-seated awareness of what makes a great product experience
- Ability to focus in an ever-shifting internal and external landscape
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to different audiences
- Passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.