Senior Product Designer, Trial Experience at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within teams alongside product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Trial Experience team within the Growth organization. The Trial Experience team is responsible for guiding, educating, and empowering a user during their first moments with Squarespace. In this role, you will be responsible for educating the user about the product solutions that will help them reach milestones such as publishing a site, setting up their online store, or building an audience. This role requires an experiment driven mindset and systems approach to solving problems.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager of Engagement.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Improve existing design solutions while also continuing to evolve our brand language
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem
- Design concepts for the platform that are usable, educational, and relevant
- Contribute to OKRs, product strategy, vision, and roadmap by working closely with Product Management and Engineering partners
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Research and Content Strategy on evolving solutions
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams from concept and discovery through delivery and beyond
- Collaborate with up-stream and down-stream product teams to ensure a consistent user journey
- Be data-driven and have an interest in measuring and improving the experience
- Facilitate user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- 5+ years of experience
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, animation and a keen eye for subtle details
- Experience in the UX process inclusive of research, visual design and prototyping
- Proven ability putting yourself in the customer’s shoes and coming up with ideas that are relevant and enticing
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology
- Proficiency in animation tools like Principle
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace