Senior Product Designer
Greater NYC Area
At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income. Our focus is on driving value for the creators that depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we’re building an amazing platform and team to support them.
As a Senior Product Designer at Teachable, you will be responsible for collaborating with Design, Engineering, and Product to ship an extraordinary product that is used by tens of thousands of creators and millions of students. You will build new end to end experiences that drive innovative solutions and elevate our product experience, and improve existing design systems, workflows, wireframes, mockups, and documentation for key features.
- You’ll work closely with your Design peers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience for our creators as they move across different platforms and tasks and play a key role in designing processes and guidelines.
- You'll create end-to-end experiences: user flows, low and high-fidelity wireframes, comps, prototypes to test with our users (know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes), visual designs
- In partnership with Product Managers, you will identify user research needs, competitor products and trends, and best practices through investigative research and usability tests that take our product to the next level as an industry leader.
- You’ll also play an important role in helping our deliverables adhere to high design standards, presenting, articulating, and defending recommendations. You will run project timelines, and communicate updates to company leaders across functions.
- As a Senior member of the Design team, you will have an opportunity to mentor a high functioning, collaborative design team to meet evolving requirements of good design across our multiple products. You will actively seek out new ways to help grow and shape our creative output and culture.
Who You Are
- You have 5-8 years of experience working in-house in product design, executing on a variety of projects in a team environment.
- You love design -- the process, conversation, big ideas, mediums, tools, and possibilities -- and are guided by an insatiable curiosity and the desire to create great experiences. You can think and work in systems, identifying ideas and threads that tie experiences together, and know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- You understand the people at the center of our brand and prioritize their experience over all else, and know how to sell design and advocate for great design practices on a company level to a variety of stakeholders.
- You are a collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently. You have led others to solve complex problems with broad impact on the business, and are able to mentor more junior designers.
- You are active in the design community and network with others in and outside of the company. You’ve used your background and skills to shape the design process and move a design organization forward in some way. You have been responsible for programs and initiatives that contributed to building design culture in the org: design critiques, teaching design, building design process etc.
- You have helped others on their team maintain design system consistency/principles and adhere to design values & design best practices.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off
- Parental leave, 16 weeks, fully paid after 3 months of service
- 401(k) with match after 3 months of service
- Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
- Monthly company activities and outings
- Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
- Gym + wellness matching stipend
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description