Senior Product Designer at Fundera
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:11 p.m. (EST) on Friday, December 13, 2019
Here’s the thing—we hate traditional job descriptions. In our experience, they’re a terrible representation of what a job really entails and never paint a true picture of what it’s like to work at an organization.
That’s why, at Fundera, we do things differently. Instead of presenting you with some run-of-the-mill job description, we offer potential candidates our Job Spotlights. This gives us a chance to tell you the story of us, why you should work here, and what the role is really like.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped 35,000+ small businesses find their best financial solutions and secure over $1 billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our great rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game - and offer meaningful equity in our fast-growing company to compensate for top performers.
2. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor regular catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also regularly host company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.
Is This Role Right for Me?
A Senior Product Designer is an experienced UX and Visual Designer with a successful track record of creating new experiences that rethink the way people accomplish their goals. You are a strategic thinker with strong instincts and a keen ability to take complex problems and turn them into simple and intuitive solutions.
As Our Senior Product Designer, You'll Get to...
- Execute all aspects of design in a cross-functional team, including: user research, UX design, UI design, visual design, and prototyping
- Advocate for our small business customers
- Foster a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process
- Contribute to strategic decisions about your team’s roadmap in collaboration with Product, Engineering, and Data Science leads
- Manage your bandwidth and project pipeline to execute designs in time with your team’s software roadmap
- Maintain design systems and libraries in conjunction with the wider Design Team to ensure product-wide visual consistency
- Solicit direct and impactful feedback from your manager, stakeholders, other designers, and cross-discipline team; providing direct and impactful feedback to other designers on the team
- Partner with User Research and Data Science to define what qualitative and quantitative data will be important at the onset of a project and make changes based on data analysis
We're Looking for People Who Have...
- 4-6 years experience designing products and features for web and apps
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop strategy, project scope and roadmap
- Can communicate complex rationale (visuals, written, and spoken) with clarity, brevity, detail, and a point of view
- Enjoy working across all aspects of design, leading a project from conception through completion
- Experience with a variety of approaches to problem solving and product development
- In addition to UX skills, you have strong visual design skills and understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Have a portfolio that illustrates complex problem solving ability, comprehension of fundamental development frameworks, and design skills; specifically, ideation sketches, flow maps, wireframes, web and/or mobile app product designs, visual design projects or website builds
What Should I Do if I'm Interested?
If working at Fundera gets you excited, we want to hear from you, regardless of whether you think this role is a fit. If you think you’ve got the relevant experience, apply to be our Senior Product Designer.
DISCLAIMER: Fundera does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. Fundera is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except pursuant to written agreements with Fundera and authorization access granted on a per job basis through the use of Fundera’s agency portal link.
Read Full Job Description