Senior Product Designer at Betterment
You love design and are passionate about building intuitive, delightful mobile experiences. You know that product experiences exist across platforms, and you approach problems holistically. You’re self-motivated, learning new skills quickly, with a sense for what you’ll develop next. You’re frustrated with financial products and believe that customers deserve better.
At Betterment we hire designers with a deep foundation in design and user experience principles—folks who are talented and eager to both learn from their colleagues and help make them better. As a design team, we're focused and always strive for excellence. And as a company, we’re committed to empowering people to do what’s best for their money so they can live better.At Betterment you will get to:
- Contribute directly to projects that help us improve our customers’ financial lives
- Contribute to product strategy by identifying new opportunities, generating innovative solutions, crafting emotionally engaging designs, and improving existing features
- Partner with product management, engineering and many others, working closely in cross-disciplinary teams
- Be responsible for all aspects of design for your projects from inception through launch
- Make informed design decisions based on competitor analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability reports
- Further develop your design chops, working among a talented team of designers, providing one another feedback and perspective, aiming for a cohesive experience across all touchpoints
- Establish and maintain design principles and patterns to be used across all channels and experiences
- Help push forward and champion our mobile experiences
- 5+ years experience as a product designer
- A portfolio of extraordinary product design work
- Significant mobile experience (iOS & Android)
- Cross platform design system experience
- An iterative, customer-centric approach to designing experiences
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience with and appreciation for user research and usability testing
- Strategic product thinking and vision
- Shipped great products to real people
- Have read Robert Bringhurst’s The Elements of Typographic Style
- Are familiar with Brad Frost’s work
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.