Senior Product Designer at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart whose mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for experienced senior product designers to help guide the direction of future releases. You will be challenged in an organization that values vision, execution, and persistence. You will take ownership of our product by solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a UX background to help lead the direction of the future of our consumer-facing analytics products. You’ll holistically think about our analytics offering, partnering closely with user research, product and engineering teams. You’ll ensure that our products, interfaces, and visualizations are consistent, easy and efficient to use, and that our customers can make thoughtful decisions to grow their business.
You’ll work with members on other teams, including marketing, commerce and content editing. Experience with the challenges of designing data interfaces and visualization is a plus.
You'll report to the Product Design Manager, Analytics.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build the user experience and detailed execution of a specific area of the product
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams from concept through delivery and beyond
- Think holistically about the user journey and product ecosystem regardless of scope
- Create elegant solutions to complex problems
- Participate in user research and testing, ensuring usability and product consistency
- Collaborate with our Design Systems team to ensure your work integrates into our ecosystem
- 7+ years of experience
- Deep experience in user experience, visual design and prototyping
- Understand information architecture and service design
- Use systems approach to design
- Understand impact of design decisions and create meaningful product value
- Developed storytelling skills with the ability to tailor your context to the audience
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perk
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.