Design at Policygenius
Everyone at Policygenius, from our newest designer to our CEO, understands that the design process is our primary tool for empathy, problem solving, and innovation. Our product process is designed to de-risk what we build before we build it. In fact, the product and design teams focus nearly 70% of their time on Discovery; lining up experiments to validate our riskiest assumptions first. To be successful, we’ve built a balanced team who aims to deeply understand how our real, human users think about their safety nets!
Why Growth Design (Content/SEO) ?
Our entire design team focuses on product thinking and empathy, but it’s the Growth team that’s responsible for customer success, engagement, and retention. Partnering with our award-winning content creators, Growth designers on our Content/SEO team ship lean, targeted tests to turn our readers into users. They’re metrics-minded, and understand which behaviors to look for to measure impact, while shaping a reading experience that emphasizes trust. The Growth teams help users experience that first “a-ha” moment, build trust in our experts and advice, and understand how the Policygenius platform can support their financial protection goals.
- Report to the Chief Design Officer and partner your peers in Product, UxR, Engineering, Content, SEO, Marketing, and Data.
- Problem-solve with multi-disciplined, cross functional teams daily to identify key problems, find the right solutions, and usher them into reality.
- Contribute to the full product design cycle—from research and ideation to execution and iteration.
- Facilitate design workshops to ensure you’re delivering the best possible solutions.
- Help shape and participate in our user research and testing (generative & evaluative).
- Help shape and contribute to the Growth team’s design system.
- Rapidly produce concepts and prototypes and know when to harness the appropriate fidelity.
- Clearly articulate your work to stakeholders through verbal and written communication.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You’re a product designer with 5+ years of experience building software products; 3+ years working on content/publishing experiences (including designing for SEO)
- You have experience taking the wheel to tackle complex problems (from inception to implementation).
- You are excited to tackle a monster, user-facing challenge that will directly impact our success.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a desire to learn from your peers and leaders in the industry.
- You are excited to help shape our design culture here at Policygenius and are looking to have one of those Lady & The Tramp spaghetti moments with your next employer.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!