Bizzabo is seeking a Senior UX Researcher that will answer the most challenging questions we face in the world of professional events. In this role, you will support the entire research process, collaborating closely with cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to influence key strategy and execution decisions. You will help define features and products as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process.
As a User Experience Researcher at Bizzabo, you will help everyone focus on the user. You will create understanding and empathy around user needs and will help the design and product teams make informed user-centered, data-driven decisions. You will be a user advocate within the company by acquiring in-depth knowledge about our user needs and motivations, and our business needs, goals, and KPIs.
Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
*Please note this role will be for a 3 month contract*
Bizzabo powers immersive in-person, virtual, and hybrid experiences. The Bizzabo Event Experience OS is a data-rich open platform that allows Event Experience Leaders to manage events, engage audiences, activate communities, and deliver powerful business outcomes — all while keeping attendee data private and secure. Bizzabo powers events for world-leading brands, from Fortune 100 enterprise organizations and financial institutions to creative agencies and scaling tech companies. Bizzabo was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has more than 300 employees in its New York, Tel-Aviv, Kyiv, and London offices, as well as 15+ remote locations around the world.
Community Details and Perks:
The Bizzabo Community
At Bizzabo we believe that culture is more than just happy hour and a ping pong table (though we do love a good ping pong tournament), we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone who crosses paths with Bizzabo. Bizzabo fosters an environment of communication and trust. We don’t just offer the opportunity to share ideas, we encourage you to own your ideas and bring them to fruition.
We believe the future of events is all about choice and flexibility, which is why we've adopted a remote-friendly hybrid model for our workforce. We have offices in several major global cities, and we encourage our team to gather in-person without any requirements about how often that happens. Additionally, we have people working from 15+ remote locations around the world.
- We offer a comprehensive insurance package at no out of pocket cost to the employee, 401k, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
- We are a dog friendly in-person and virtual office!
- For new employees joining us during this remote work period, we offer a comprehensive virtual onboarding experience with a stipend to get your remote office set up.
- We have frequent Bizzabonding activities including bi-weekly sponsored lunches, bi-weekly happy hours, virtual cooking classes, yoga classes, fitness classes, and other virtual bonding activities to keep our Bizzaboers engaged and connected. We welcome all new ideas and encourage each Bizzaboer to participate or lead their own virtual event!
- Our office is located on 27th and Broadway south of Madison Square Garden. This vibrant neighborhood includes great lunch spots, train accessibility, and views of the Empire State Building.
What you’ll be doing:
● Work closely with cross-functional partners (product, design, data, business and development) to identify and prioritize knowledge gaps in our understanding of the user experience, and conduct research that contributes to solving those knowledge gaps.
● Collect and analyze user behavior through different research methodologies such as data analysis, online experiments, lab studies, interviews and surveys.
● Synthesize insights to the Product team to support business goals.
● Provide the user perspective and communicate the most relevant industry and competitive insights to stakeholders in all departments.
● Develop research plans that span the full product development cycle and integrate User Experience Research into the development process.
Who you are:
● Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Visual Communications, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
● 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role of a User Researcher
● Deep understanding of user-centered and data driven design methodology
● Excellent presentation skills
● Strong background in product design
● Broad experience of both qualitative and quantitative research methods, strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
● Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
● Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.