Senior User Researcher - NYC
We are The Mobile Bank.
Our vision is to build a bank the world loves to use.
Technology and design empower everything we do.
N26 is Europe’s first Mobile Bank with a full European banking license. We have 2.3 million customers across 24 markets. Our team of over 800 employees in 3 locations is concentrated on reinventing the banking experience for the digital generation. Valentin Stalf and Maximilian Tayenthal founded N26 in 2013 and launched the initial product in early 2015. Since January 2015, N26 has been available for Android, iOS, and desktop. N26 has raised more than $215 million from investors including Tencent, Allianz X, Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, Li Ka-Shing’s Horizons Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, Battery Ventures, in addition to members of the Zalando management board, and Redalpine Ventures.
N26 is looking for its first UX Researcher in New York to support in the early phases of defining our product for the US market. It’s a challenging, hands-on role with the ability to directly shape the product. The ideal candidate is a strategically-minded team player that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with a bias toward action
Once here you will
- Help the organisation to understand the needs, challenges and wishes of customers today and in the future
- Shape the development of an innovative and user-centered experience across platforms, channels and markets
- Work integrated in the product team to identify key research questions, address them through a wide range of methods, and help the team build an exceptional user experience
- Collaborate closely with the product, design, data, engineering and business analytics to help make user-centered decisions
- Help to shape the understanding of user research at N26 and evolve the research process to best suit our needs
- Continuously find smarter and more effective ways to connect with users and answer user-related questions
What you will bring along
- 5+ years of experience conducting research in a product or design environment
- Strong ability to translate research findings into relevant insights for designers, product owners and other stakeholders
- Experience working with a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative methods including in-depth interviews, remote research, prototype testing, usability testing, surveys, market landscape analysis
- Great storytelling and communication skills to address a wide range of stakeholders
- Fluency in European languages other than English & French is a plus
- Experience with advanced quantitative analysis and tools such as SQL, Python, or R is a plus
What we offer
- Create the environment and process that enables highly effective teams to deliver the best that they can
- Professional Development Budget of 1500 USD/year
- 20 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours and a special attention to work-life balance
- Fixed and fair salary ranges instead of individual negotiation
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap
- A friendly team of colleagues of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses
- High degree of autonomy in a strong collaborative environment
- A company committed to championing diversity and inclusion, and supporting colleagues regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnic or national origin
- A wide range of employee benefits including a premium bank account, sports clubs and German courses
- The ability to take part in our Get Stuff Done Days
Learn more about the Design Culture at N26 from our Head of Design, Christian Hertlein.
Sound good? Send us your application online, and we’ll get back to you soon.
Meet the team
The N26 US team is a group of unique and talented people consisting of alumni from Stanford, Northwestern, University of Chicago, Duke, Syracuse, Villanova, University of Denver and University of California, just to name a few! Many of us have gained our previous work experience at companies like Airbnb, Dow Jones, The New York Times, Expedia, PwC, J.P. Morgan, Etsy, DISH, SlingTV, Western Union and Morgan Stanley.
As far as fun facts go, our team is comprised of two NYC marathon finishers, a former sushi chef, a former competitive wakeboarder, and a certified yoga instructor. Collectively, we speak English, German, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, Cantonese, Portuguese, Urdu and Hebrew.