Senior UX Content Strategist at Squarespace
The UX Content Strategy team is looking for a seasoned UX Content Strategist who also has a great knack for marketing content. You would own content across Squarespace.com, from tour pages to contextual help, from navigation hierarchy to page structures. We're looking for a strategist who can use words to design thoughtful, accessible user experiences.
You enjoy working through the minutiae of complex problems. You love process, but also know when you need to deviate. You enjoy working with a diverse range of personalities and skillsets. You love to collaborate, harnessing feedback from senior-level partners and providing solutions that match their intent. You know how to manage your time and feel a sense of ownership—not just for your work, but for the quality of all our products.
You’ll be involved throughout the process for many user-facing projects in the product organization. Your go-to team consists of product designers, product managers, engineers, marketing, and more. Your role stretches across an equally diverse range of departments, including Product Marketing, Product Design, Brand Design, and Brand Strategy. You will report into the UX Content Strategy manager at our New York office.
- Write and maintain UI copy and product/service page content across Squarespace.com
- Partner with technical, brand, and marketing writers, strategists, and managers to connect messaging with our overall voice and objectives
- Work with product designers, product marketing, brand strategy, SEO, and other teams on wireframes, prototypes, and concepts
- Provide polished content to other team members and advocate for language in product design
- Create rational, articulable, elegant solutions to complex problems
- Work to understand the capabilities and constraints of our systems
- At least 6+ years of combined experience in UX content strategy and in writing marketing-focused copy for global, consumer-facing products
- Deep awareness of UX and how copy and design work together
- Experience working on product content that incorporates visual and written elements
- Experience creating content for international audiences and preparing source language for localization
- Experience asking probing questions to give/receive feedback in an iterative environment
- Excellent sounding board; comfortable pointing out when a design could be better
- Experience using tools like Figma, or similar
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your experience in the design process, creating different types of UI and marketing copy, and solving user problems through words.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.