Senior UX Designer
Your passion is creating excellent user experiences through user-centered design. You thrive in a cross-functional group of creative, driven, smart professionals who strive to be experts in their field. You understand that a great user experience leads to better brand recognition and repeat customers. While working with fellow designers, product managers, developers and researchers, you champion great design and process.
You’re the newest member of the HomeAdvisor UX Design team.
Working at either our new Denver headquarters in the Rino neighborhood, or at an ANGI Homeservices office in NYC (HomeAdvisor is a member of the ANGI Homeservices brand), you’ll find that HomeAdvisor is an honest, friendly and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers and our products.
Our UX Designers:
- Formulate, establish, and annotate the user experience for our company sites, affiliated sites and mobile applications
- Create engaging solutions that both improve overall user experience and drive business goals
- Collaborate with business partners, UI designers and developers to define the overall structure, flow, and interactions
- Work with internal and external constituents as the primary point of contact responsible for driving major UX projects from conception to implementation
- Be an innovative and forward-thinking UX designer who is up-to-date and familiar with current industry design trends
- Communicate designs through fully documented wireframes and prototypes
- Express user experience best practices across the company, and mentor colleagues and staff on best-in-class usability concepts
What you need to be successful:
- At least 5 years of experience in user experience design, with expertise in interaction design, information architecture, usability engineering, or all three
- Experience with Axure or willingness to learn
- Proficient in designing for responsive web and mobile applications
- Working knowledge of iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Experience or familiarity with usability tests, surveys and research to facilitate working with our research team
- Hands-on experience creating site maps, process flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes for high traffic consumer sites and apps
- Ability to effectively communicate in visual, written and interactive form: design documents, flow charts, prototypes, etc.
- Comfort in verbally presenting your ideas and designs to individuals and teams
- Desire to think beyond the design and understand the larger business implications
- Ability to articulate strategic issues and balance them with user needs and technological constraints
- Experience working in small collaborative teams, including working constructively with development teams
We are shaping what it means to be Rocky Mountain Tech. We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, thoughtful approach to career development, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we are a true meritocracy and fundamentally believe our people are our greatest asset.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’ve made it this far along our post, this probably sounds a lot like you and where you want to thrive! We would be delighted to have the opportunity to start the conversation!
Have some general questions about working with us? Chat online with our recruiting team – visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register for our next chat.