Senior UX Researcher
At Squarespace, we make beautiful tools to help people with creative ideas succeed. UX Researchers work closely with product owners across our product lineup to drive the direction and impact of research - staying involved with the product teams and training their colleagues as needed to maximize their ability to understand and act upon customer needs.
We are seeking a strategic-minded Senior UX Researcher to help us identify and explore new opportunities, and support the design and implementation of new products. In this role, you’ll study our user base of approximately two million entrepreneurs, artists, and creative professionals, who inspire us every day.
You should be a capable researcher, with diverse and deep experience, blending methods to tell a complete picture of our customer base. Our research is primarily qualitative, but we’d love someone to expand our toolkit with strong quantitative skills.
This role reports to the VP, Product Design in New York.
- Identify opportunities to deliver on customer success and business goals through high-impact user research that you conduct and lead
- Build, grow, and nurture partnerships with product managers, designers, data scientists, and engineers
- Mentor colleagues across the company in conducting effective customer research, from guerrilla to formalized
- 3+ years experience in user research
- BA/BS (or equivalent practical experience) in HCI, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology or other related fields. MS/PhD preferred
- Broad and deep understanding of UX research methods, and a keen understanding of when and how to apply different methods
- Strong written and oral communication, and influence skills. Comfortable presenting to groups, creating compelling stories from data, and building strong relationships across interdisciplinary stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify, ask and answer questions that inspire product change
- A genuine passion for finely-crafted user experiences that are both elegant and usable
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 670 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.