Senior Web Designer
Squarespace lies at the intersection of design and engineering. Fueled by our mission to empower individuals, and to democratize design, our goal is to provide the tools for people with creative ideas to succeed online, we are giving people with creative ideas the tools to succeed online. Our design team is at the foundation of every project—from new product features and award-winning templates, to advertising campaigns and beyond. We foster an entrepreneurial yet supportive environment where design defines us, ideas can come from anywhere, and execution is everything.
You will collaborate with the world’s best developers to work in a variety of groups within the web design department. The team focuses on:
- Squarespace.com front-site and all interior pages: This includes customer microsites, editorial pages, and internal projects that require a broad vision for the company
- Evolution of the product: We work with product and engineering departments to design future iterations of Squarespace
- “Blue sky” prototyping/concepting and look at how design paradigms can be pushed beyond the norm
We are currently looking for talented designers across all levels. If you're interested in joining us, please apply here regardless of your seniority, and our team will consider where you can make the biggest impact.
- Research and design concepts for projects that are usable, beautiful, and marketable
- Develop information architecture and execute wireframes
- Design page layouts and interaction methodology
- Work closely with developers during build processes
- Work collaboratively with other designers to tackle complex design problems
- Work with stakeholders in other departments (strategy, marketing, brand design) to understand business objectives and provide solutions through design
- Work collaboratively with our content studio to create beautiful visual content
- Participate throughout a project’s entire creative process
- Strong portfolio showcasing responsive web design work and beautiful comps that communicate large concepts
- Proven ability to take a project from concept to launch with a strong understanding the process throughout
- Ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and come up with ideas that are relevant and enticing
- Affinity for consistency, color, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details
- Knowledge of current trends in design and technology
A portfolio of responsive web design work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.