Sr. Designer at Casper
Casper is in search of an industrial designer who is passionate about soft seating and mattresses. This industrial designer understands a warm modern aesthetic with fine lines and details that create modern classics of the future. This position will integrate design aesthetics, comfort, durability and aspiration with the performance associated with providing the perfect mattress for a good night's sleep. And this likely candidate understands that excellence is accomplished by combining the talents of multiple collaborators.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Collaborate in a Casper Design and Development team focused on the creation of Casper products.
- Partner with the furniture and mattress pods (Merch, Design, Development) on the ongoing line architecture, “look and feel”, form factor, materiality, texture and palette
- Understand the aspirational competitive landscape of products within the category.
- Develop products within the Casper Design Vernacular
- Focus on the development of mattresses and soft seating.
- Drive the industrial design of Casper mattresses in partnership with the engineering and development team for foam based mattresses, and kinetic furniture (think adjustable bases, rockers, futons etc…)
- Focus on sustainable products and processes
- Have a Bachelor's or Master's in either Industrial Design or furniture design
- Have direct knowledge and experience in the design of mattresses and / or soft seating including Sofas
- Understand furniture structure, joints and assemblage including cut and sew details.
- Have an inventive mind and an ability to ideate on the evolution of the mattress category
- Enjoy partnering with Merchants, Developers, Engineers, Ergonomists and other designers internal and external to Casper
- Have an excellent taste level and an understanding of the aspirational market
- Have excellent rendering skills
- Have a strong inclination to materiality
- Enjoy the design of both seasonal and evergreen products
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A generous product allowance
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!