Sr. Product Designer, Mobile at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our Product Manager, the Sr. Mobile Designer will be charged with designing and improving complex problems with easy, fun, and simple solutions. S/he will collaborate with the product owner and engineers while inspiring others through their work and the imaginative user experience of Paxful. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Sr. Mobile Designer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Design user story flow for the new product line that aligns with the existing platform and executes on the product roadmap and help define product strategy
- Work with our globally dispersed team across different functions on a daily basis sometimes outside your comfort zone.
- Collaborate and design frontend UI/UX with the product owner and engineers based on business requirements
- Own projects from start to finish, run design sprints to define and explore user problems, content mapping, sketching, wireframing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews
- Solving product problems while balancing the entire user experience across strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design.
Who You Are
- You want more than just getting the job done; you want to push the boundaries of what our product should look like, with no idea is off the table.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional departments and be a team player.
- You have a passion for solving product problems while shipping high-quality work with high speed and low ego
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of professional UX/UI design Experience with a focus on Mobile interface
- Experience designing consumer-facing experiences for mobile with design tools (Figma)
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with engineers, user researchers, and product teams
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Quick learner, self-starter, having excellent product sense and good communication skills
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.