The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is seeking a User Experience Designer to join a growing creative team tasked with providing the best experience for our customers. As part of the product strategy group, you will partner with product managers, tech leads, marketers and business analysts to solve complex problems by crafting thoughtful, useful and usable user experiences for our software platform.
IMPORTANT: All applicants must include a portfolio with personal design contributions or work samples. Otherwise, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
What You’ll Do
- Synthesize high-level business requirements into usable and elegant design solutions
- Build detailed wireframes for complex web and mobile applications quickly
- Design and conduct small and medium scale usability tests and other UX research activities
- Work autonomously with product managers to define and prioritize features needed to build great user experiences
- Collaborate with other partners to ensure the delivered product matches your design vision
- Understand detailed user workflows and map out information architecture diagrams
- Contribute to user experience best practices and act as an experience evangelist to the company
- Stay up-to-date with and display knowledge of market trends and best practices
What You Have
- BA/BS or advanced degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or related field
- 2-5 years of professional experience in interaction design / user experience design (enterprise or SaaS software preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in designing a product from concept to implementation including wireframes, mid-fidelity deliverables, and interactive prototypes
- Knowledge of UX research and evaluation techniques
- Ability to balance multiple projects and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, dedicated, detail-oriented, and organized
- High level of empathy; ability of to relate to users from various perspectives
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Experience designing UX components and contributing to a publicly posted Design System
- Frequently builds and leverages components with overrides in Sketch
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.