Zearn is looking for a talented Visual Designer to join our growing Creative team. This position involves helping to define and design the visual experience across all aspects of the product including Student and Adult facing experience, Corporate website, and projects involving branding, marketing, email and print collateral pieces.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Creative and UX Directors, Product Managers and Dev to create necessary design deliverables in an agile and collaborative environment.
- Create original design layouts as well as work off of wireframes.
- Create a variety of assets including custom illustrations, templates and other visual elements with adherence to quality and established design standards.
- Document and create style templates and specs of work created.
- Contribute user centered thinking to help solve design problems.
- Execute occasional user testing on in-progress designs.
- Manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Identify and deliver continuous improvements to process and systems.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Portfolio showcasing expertise, with product or service design examples
- Solid understanding of the process of digital product design and its limitations
- Fluency with interactive design principles and processes
- Experience working with responsive design
- General tech savviness with understanding of coding and development process
- Tablet / Mobile design experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to own and run projects from concept to completion with little supervision
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability and desire to collaborate with product managers and engineers, as well as other members of creative team
- Light prototyping skills in program of your choice
- Experience in designing for children
- Passion for educational technology and math