Director of Accounting
JW Player is looking to add a Director of Accounting to our Finance team located in our NYC Headquarters. This role will help lead the charge in scaling our accounting function and processes as our company continues to grow. The Director of Accounting will direct the day to day accounting functions and ensure efficiency and consistency across the entire finance organization and in turn, JW Player as a whole.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise, direct, and review the work of two staff accountants
- Confirm financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data.
- Maintain accounting controls by defining and enforcing accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage monthly billing process by coordinating with Senior Finance Manager and Accounts Administrators to ensure accurate billing and revenue recognition. Evaluate revenue for accuracy by maintaining a reliable QA process.
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities; P&L and Balance Sheet analysis for various general ledger accounts.
- Review and approve the monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and supervise the recording of all related journal entries.
- Supervise the process of expense report audits to ensure policy compliance.
- Document financial processes, perform risk assessments and test internal controls for the company's developing Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program.
- Supervise compliance with IRS and state 1099 reporting requirements for payments made through the AP system, including ensuring proper withholding certificates on file before payments are released.
- Coordinate and assist with requests from external auditors.
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly bank and investor reporting packages.
- B.S. Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- QuickBooks and Salesforce experience preferred
- Excellent proficiency in the use of spreadsheet programs and other software applications for financial analysis
- Good knowledge of US GAAP, SOX, and willingness to research and resolve accounting issues
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
- Ability to flourish in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to various levels of an organization
- High level of energy and the desire to work in a dynamic working environment
About JW Player
JW Player is the world’s largest network-independent video platform. Founded in 2008 as the first open source video player, today JW Player’s customers span the globe across 193 countries, and range from Fortune 500 companies to video-centric small businesses. The company’s flagship product, JW Player, delivers millions of plays per month across nearly 2 billion unique devices — OTT, mobile and desktop. In addition to the player, the company’s services include advertising, analytics, data services, video hosting and streaming. For more information, see http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.