Email Marketing Manager | NYC
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management and Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, and operationalize day-to-day administration and control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data and controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, and delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with an engineering office in Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit www.bettercloud.com.
BetterCloud, one of Forbes 2017 Billion Dollar Startups, is seeking a skilled marketer to help fuel growth and product utilization through email. This individual will manage the strategy, content, execution and analysis of all email programs throughout the entire customer lifecycle (including a daily curated newsletter sent to 100,000+ subscribers).
In this role, you will work closely with the rest of our marketing team, as well as other key stakeholders throughout the organization like Sales and Customer Success, to determine how we can most effectively leverage email in order to hit our goals. You have persuasive communication skills, problem-solving and critical decision-making abilities, and will be excited about the opportunity to make a big impact on a small, entrepreneurial, high-performing team in a fast-growing organization.
This stage of BetterCloud’s growth presents an incredibly interesting opportunity for any marketer. Our marketing strategy has historically focused heavily on owned and earned media, primary through content and SEO. As a result, we have built a daily newsletter list of over 100,000 subscribers through our BetterCloud Monitor site, which is home to 1,500+ articles and videos that generate over 500,000 visits a month (mostly through organic search). And our product strategy and rich database creates many opportunities for crafting highly targeted messages and delivering them with pinpoint accuracy. With such a deep platform that serves a wide breadth of IT personas, and connectors for so many SaaS applications, each individual person in each of our customer organizations is truly a unique BetterCloud user.
You will have the opportunity to leverage all of this, not to mention our core product marketing, and supercharge it with paid media to fuel the company’s growth.
- Own the entire email marketing program, including lifecycle trigger programs, lead nurturing, promotional campaigns, content distribution, our Daily Monitor newsletter, and more.
- Manage end-to-end email execution, including creative development, template management, set-up and QA, segmentation, scheduling and deployment, optimization, and reporting.
- Identify opportunities to engage customers and prospects along their buyer journey, automate lifecycle emails, and set sending cadences to support team objectives.
- Improve and report on core email performance metrics: deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, MQLs, pipeline generation, as well as metrics around individual campaigns.
- Develop quality control practices for all emails while taking ownership of key metrics and progress towards goals.
- Support internal teams with communications initiatives and manage the integrity and maintenance of our ESP.
- Iterate on campaigns to optimize for conversion and business growth and provide strategic recommendations based on performance.
Requirements and Skills:
- 2-4 years experience managing email programs through an enterprise level ESP
- Exceptional written communication skills and an unsurpassed attention-to-detail
- Prior experience with Marketo and Salesforce a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS (you don’t need to build every template, but you need to be able to make edits)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to optimize
- Ability to manage various projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Well-versed in list segmentation and management, as well as email deliverability best practices
- Deep sense of empathy for the customer / prospect
- Working knowledge of Photoshop a plus