About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
Candidate sought for associate algo developer role within Galaxy's trading technology team. The candidate should have prior work experience in java and in statistics, and should have a deep interest in working in and learning about algorithmic crypto trading.
- Build and maintain technology systems that cover algorithmic trading
- Perform analytical work to diagnose and improve trading performance
- Provide production support and DevOps
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering, or other technical field
- Proficient (2+ years’ experience) with core java, including working knowledge of collections, their implementation, and their optimization; garbage collection; JVM
- Proficient with core statistics / data science, including inference, regression, classification, sampling, optimization
- Experience with Vert.x, Docker, AWS APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience working on electronic trading systems
- Experience with parsing web APIs for data
- Knowledge of market structure and market data
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques such as feature engineering
- Familiar with Cryptocurrency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.