Atlassian Dev-Ops Engineer
The We Company’ Corporate Technology team is seeking a motivated candidate to join our Atlassian Systems team. We design, deploy, maintain, and support a full stack of Atlassian tools for a workforce of 13,000 users. Our work touches on hardware, virtual machines, DevOps, scripting, databases, web-servers, networking, user support, and process consulting. Our work is critical to the organization’s successful delivery of new products to market, ITSM and the global corporate intranet.
- Maintain and enhance system reliability, data protection, and system security.
- Responsible for evolving the design and architecture of process management, provisioning, and automation tools.
- Develop scalable infrastructure solutions.
- Build tools to monitor various system's capacity and performance and provide reports, analytics, and forecasts for capacity as required.
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment, and maintenance work associated with Atlassian: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and Stash environments to support users globally.
- Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues in order to provide outstanding support for customers; Determine root cause and implement permanent resolutions for more intricate issues.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within systems operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation.
- Create extensive testing standard procedures
- Evaluate new software and hardware.
- Assist team with reports creation.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with a growing team of systems administrators and engineers in a 24x7 worldwide presence.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or network engineering.
- Knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
- Expert knowledge in enterprise cloud security protocols
- Experience with scripting in Bash, Perl, or Python.
- Extensive experience with configuring, administration, and management of Atlassian applications in an enterprise setting: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and Stash.
- Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and scalable multi-site implementations.
- Experience in administering, provisioning, configuring, and monitoring web-servers, application servers, and load-balancing systems: TomCat, Apache/Nginx, PostgreSQL.
- Relevant experience in Linux / Unix systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring (Nagios, Zenoss, SNMP, Splunk, etc) and troubleshooting.
- Experience with server hardening and other security best practices (SSL, SSH, HTTPS, IPTables).
- Experience with virtualization network protocols (NAT, Bridging) and virtual networking.
- Experience with backup and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to work with rapid change.
- Solid ability to identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plans; strong analytical skills.
- Stayed on top of the latest technologies and scalable DevOps & Agile methodologies.
- Experience in virtualization technology (KVM, Docker).
- Deep understanding of the Linux OS, internals, kernel & filesystems tuning, protocols and services (such as PXE, DNS, HTTP, NFS, CIFS) and troubleshooting utilities (strace, sar, vmstat, mpstat, tcpdump).
- Experience with systems automation configuration management tools (SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible) and GIT source control.
- Expertise in advanced networking subjects (TCP/IP, BGP, VLAN, Bonding/Trunking, switches, routers & firewalls).
- Experience with enterprise class storage systems such as NetApp is desired; configuring and managing multi-tenant storage systems.
- AWS Certified Architect