More About the Role
We're looking for a build engineer to join our Frontend Platform team and help take all of Grubhub's frontend builds to the next level. The Frontend Platform team creates patterns, practices, tools, and technologies that make it easier to build great apps at Grubhub. We define app architecture, create standard libraries and UI components, and build CI/CD tooling to help frontend engineers get their jobs done more quickly and with higher quality. If you're passionate about making it easier to build better software, we're looking forward to receiving your application.
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Help create standard CI/CD automation and tooling for all frontend engineers at Grubhub
- Design, implement, and test maintainable build automation solutions while taking into account the needs of engineering, security, product management, and design.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions that are easy to use and understand
What You Bring to the Table
- Experience writing software using a scripting language (Python, shell, etc.)
- A passion for automation and eliminating manual effort with software
- Demonstrated skills in writing clear, correct code
- The ability to research a technical problem, formulate best practices, and present your findings
- The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in written form
- College degree in Computer Science or a related field of study/equivalent experience
- The ability to be on-call to help platform consumers with production issues
Got These? Even Better:
- Experience writing and combining tools to build automated workflows
- Comfort working on a Linux or UNIX-like command line
- Experience with one or more common build systems like make, gradle, maven, or yarn
- Knowledge of how frontend apps are built and released
- Knowledge of common CI systems like Jenkins or GitHub Actions
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]